This is a complete course on Django REST Framework (DRF), you will learn different concepts in this course.
What are RESTFull API’s
A RESTful API acts as a translator between two machines communicating over a Web service. If your familiar with the concept of API This is just like an API but it’s working on a RESTful Web service and the API is used by two applications trying to communicate with each other over a network or Internet.
Web developers program REST API that server can receive data from applications. These applications can be web-apps, Android/iOS apps, etc. RESTful APIs return JSON files which can be interpreted by a variety of devices.
What is Django REST Framework
Django REST framework is a powerful and flexible toolkit for building Web APIs.
Some reasons you might want to use REST framework:
- The Web browsable API is a huge usability win for your developers.
- Authentication policies including packages for OAuth1a and OAuth2.
- Serialization that supports both ORM and non-ORM data sources.
- Customizable all the way down – just use regular function-based views if you don’t need the more powerful features.
- Extensive documentation, and great community support.
- Used and trusted by internationally recognised companies including Mozilla, Red Hat, Heroku, and Eventbrite.
In this course we are going to learn about different topics like Serializer, model Serializer, Function and Class Based Api Views, Mixins, Viewsets and Routers, Generic Viewsets, Model Viewsets and Authentication.
What Will I Learn?
- By learning this course you will have a complete understanding on Django REST Framework(DRF).
- You will have a complete understanding on Building Backend API using Python